Inspiration ~~

In the midst of my online job-hunting I've come across this blog called "Doubting to Shuo," ran by some American guy who has lived in Taiwan for 3 years or so. He also runs a Chinese blog, which was what impressed and inspired me the most. I really feel inspired when I see foreigners fluent in any of the languages that I want to learn.
This is the URL - http://toshuo.com/

In case anyone is wondering why am I looking for jobs in Taiwan... well, I want to start my career and at least actively study a foreign language at the same time. I can't be totally sure that I will find a job in Japan within the next 2 months, so now I'm looking for TESOL jobs in Taiwan and Korea. While I don't want to become fluent in Korean, it's a good enough country for me to stay, and I can keep on applying for jobs in Japan while I'm there. While I'd love to go back to Mainland China, tales of discrimination against non-Western looking people are putting me off. I will go back to the mainland one day, but only to study...

1 comments:

  Mark

8 June 2008 at 4:19 am

Thanks for your kind words. I really should write more in Chinese, but since taking over the new school, I've been way too busy.

Don't worry too much about being Asian-looking. You might not have quite the same opportunities at the beginning, but nearly everyone I know who has made it into management in any of the big English schools in China is an ABC.