Chaotic London!



It was pretty early on Sunday morning when I arrived in London, and until around 10 AM, the streets were pretty much deserted. It seemed so peaceful. Well, that's about the only time that London's quiet. I felt London was even more chaotic than any Asian city I've ever been to.

I think London is probably the most multicultural city in the world. Anywhere in London you'll be with people from 10 different ethnic backgrounds. I think there was only one store where I got served by a local, everywhere else I got served by Chinese, Indian, Arab or Filipino!

London was a good place to step into Europe, because English is spoken and therefore your culture shock is minimized. London too has many great sights of its own, but not comparable to that of Paris or Rome, so I guess London sort of prepares you for what is to come.

I've got to say the transport system is pretty good, but with a city of more than 10 million people, I guess that's a given.

I don't think I want to visit London anytime soon, probably because I've already seen a lot of the important sights there, and also because I already speak English and hence there is no cultural value for me... but I gotta say, after touring Europe for a month, London was the perfect place to return to. Why? As soon as I got off the tour bus, I raced off to Chinatown for some overdue noodles!

Here are pictures of London and the nearby Winsor Castle.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124971&l=decfd&id=776300695

0 comments: