Language Pods - The Modern Way to Learn Languages

A good online resource for learning some of the world's popular languages are these things called LanguagePods. It's a website where qualified professionals record 10-15 minute language lessons based on a theme, and subsribers can download the lessons in mp3 form to play in their mp3 players or iPod. What makes these lessons standout from the rest is the fact that they teach alot of the spoken language, and less textbook language, which means you can actually learn the language as it is spoken. So not only can you learn the way native speakers put words together, but also hear the natural accent and intonations that native speakers have.

I've decided to get the premium subscription, 6 months for JapanesePod and 3 months for KoreanPod. Premium subscription means I can get access to extra practice quizzes that will reinforce my learning. I also plan to put videos of myself practicing on Youtube, as some people online have been doing that. It's a good idea because native speakers or people proficient in the language can reply to the video and offer some corrections and suggestions. I think ChinesePod can wait, right now I'm only paying a monthly basic subscription (which means only mp3s and the written script), because it's a little too expensive. I'll upgrade to premium once I start working in Japan (hopefully, still waiting for the Certificate)...

Please click on the following links to know more:
Chinesepod

JapanesePod101.com

KoreanClass101.com

ChinesePod.com

0 comments: