A Strange Restaurant

一家奇怪的飯館: http://diary.showhappy.net/?id=259087

Last night after a long day, I decided to go to this Malaysian Chinese restaurant. I was greeted by this funny looking lady who seemed nice enough. Now lately I can't be bothered to speak Chinese when ordering, but after hearing the waitresses speak in Mandarin I thought, oh here's a chance to practice.... and practice I got! Actually, more than what I bargained for.

The waitress was unusually ~too~ impressed with the fact that I speak Chinese. I mean
other people are surprised, but I guess they realize that many people are now learning Mandarin and so it shouldn't really be surprising that foreign people can speak Chinese, but anyway... this waitress kept on asking me questions... and I didn't even mind even though she asked me when my braces were coming off. But then she asked my for my mobile phone number! Was she one of those people who want to find some guy to marry so she can migrate to Australia? Luckily she said she was married and had a kid, but I was scared and so only gave my Gmail address....

After paying the bill, she showed me magazines about Donald Trump and kept on explaining things that I wasn't really sure about, because by then I was just too weirded out and I wasn't listening to her anymore. It's a pity though because the food was great! I hope next time I go there, she's on her day off!

0 comments: